Covid-19 can affect anyone. The safest and fairest approach to controlling the spread of the virus is to assume that we are all potential carriers. I must therefore take precautions to protect myself and my clients by assuming each and every one of us potentially has the virus.
- keep a record of who has been into the building each day in case contact tracing is needed.
- run on time and leave a period of time between each client. This will give time to change couch linen, wipe down the treatment table, wipe down surfaces and follow any other protocols I decide on.
- use clean linens, wipeable pillowcases and PPE.
- keep a distance of 1m at all times within the practice, apart from during treatment.
- offer greater flexibility with the cancellation policy so that clients feel they are able to cancel if they are unwell.
- be aware and take caution with clients that have underlying health conditions (heart disease, lung conditions, diabetes, supressed immune systems, over 70s). These could be possible contra-indications for treatment.
- cancel my clients if I am unwell.
Please can you be aware of your obligations:
- postpone your appointment if you are showing any Covid-19 symptoms or know you have been in contact with anyone with symptoms in the last week
- postpone your appointment if you have tested positive.
- pay electronically before your treatment to minimise handling cash or cheques.
- arrive at the appointed time for your appointment as I don’t have a waiting room.
- go to the toilet before coming to the appointment as the clinic’s toilet should only be used in an emergency.
- bring your own water bottle.