Covid-19 can affect anyone. The safest and fairest approach to controlling the spread of the virus is to assume that we are all potential carriers. I must therefore take precautions to protect myself and my clients by assuming each and every one of us potentially has the virus.
- keep a record of who has been into the building each day in case contact tracing is needed.
- run on time and leave a period of time (a minimum of 30 minutes) between each client. This will give time to change couch linen, wipe down the treatment table, wipe down surfaces and follow any other protocols I decide on.
- use clean linens, wipeable pillowcases and PPE.
- keep a distance of 1m at all times within the practice, apart from during treatment.
- offer greater flexibility with the cancellation policy so that clients feel they are able to cancel if they are unwell.
- be aware and take caution with clients that have underlying health conditions (heart disease, lung conditions, diabetes, supressed immune systems, over 70s). These could be possible contra-indications for treatment.
- cancel my clients if I am unwell.
Please can you be aware of your obligations:
- postpone your appointment if you are showing any Covid-19 symptoms or know you have been in contact with anyone with symptoms in the last week
- postpone your appointment if you have tested positive.
- pay electronically before your treatment to minimise handling cash or cheques.
- arrive at the appointed time for your appointment as I don’t have a waiting room.
- go to the toilet before coming to the appointment as the clinic’s toilet should only be used in an emergency.
- bring your own mask.
- bring your own water bottle.
- wash or sanitise hands on arrival and at the end of each treatment.
- sign the Covid-19 disclaimer on your first appointment.